Welcome back UCD Staff, we missed you! Staff Assembly is pleased to announce the much-anticipated in-person return of our 42nd annual Thank Goodness for Staff Picnic in 2022! This event is attended by over 5,000 UC Davis staff members and serves as our annual staff appreciation event with many opportunities for staff to connect and have fun with one another!
In addition to delicious food served in collaboration with local food trucks, this year staff can expect to experience: Photo Booth and Caricature Artists, Photo ops with UC Davis Mascot Gunrock, Dunk Tank featuring Chancellor May, TGFS 2023 Logo contest voting, GIVEAWAYS, and more! The vendor show will feature local businesses and campus departments offering information, deals, and free drawings for fantastic prizes, MORE PRIZES! What's the catch? There isn’t one! TGFS is completely free for staff and open for all UCD Staff members to enjoy! Isn’t it great to be an Aggie?!
During the weeks preceding the picnic, staff are encouraged to participate in Thank Goodness for Staff recreational activities including bowling, volleyball, golf, and tennis – all organized by staff for staff!
Interested in participating in sports tournaments during the month of TGFS?
Location & Time
TGFS 2022 will be held in-person on Wednesday, May 11, 2022 from 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM on UC Davis’ Russell Field. Russell Field is in close proximity to many campus parking lots and a short walk from many buildings on campus. Buses will again be made available to shuttle people from outlying areas. Large tents will provide shaded eating areas and comfortable places to take in all the entertainment and activities at TGFS. Our annual evening program for alternate shift workers will be held on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 from 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM at the Putah Creek Lodge.
What to bring to TGFS:
· A sunhat and sunblock – we are crossing our fingers for sunshine on the menu
· A folding chair, blankets, or something comfortable for your preferred method of relaxation
· Pop-up tent or beach umbrella to share shade (ensure you have the equipment to properly stake/anchor your shade)
· Comfortable shoes – we promise you will want to check out what ALL the vendors have to offer
· Reusable bag for vendor giveaways!
· Your ticket, for access to the food trucks
Things to note about the TGFS 2022:
· Tickets are collected for meals only. Staff are welcome to attend the event without a meal ticket.
· Although we would love to have an extended gathering, TGFS is for career staff only and not intended for the families and friends of staff.
· Animals are not allowed at TGFS, except in the case of service animals.
Health and Safety Guidance for TGFS
If you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Daily Symptom Survey results will not be checked for entry to TGFS, but we still recommend you complete the Daily Symptom Survey for awareness of any symptoms you may be experiencing. You are required to complete the Daily Symptom Survey and meet testing requirements if you plan to enter campus facilities. Employees that work fully remote and have an agreement stating they will not come to campus have a one-time exception to attend TGFS on Russell Field.
Thank you for helping ensure TGFS is a safe and fun event for everyone.
Please contact Staff Assembly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.