Transportation & Parking
Please choose the lowest impact option available to you when traveling to Russell Field on May 10. We anticipate a wonderful turnout for TGFS and encourage you to consider these helpful transportation tips:
- If you can walk, please do so! This is the best option for limiting our carbon impact as well as our impact on available parking.
- If you can't walk, then ride your bike!
- If you can't walk or bike, hop on one of the free shuttles.
- If you must drive, please carpool.
The Transportation Services Bike Program will be running a bicycle valet service for anyone who rides a bike to TGFS. Find them from between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. just outside the East entrance of the Cowell Building. Registration required, services will be available, fees apply. Get started on BikeIndex.org/UCDavis.
The following parking areas are available on a first-come basis. Please note that Transportation Services will not be enforcing permit requirements in these areas between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. However, parking will likely be limited given the normal student, staff and faculty usage.
- Quad Structure, levels 2 and above
- Visitor and Permit Parking Lot 22
- Visitor and Permit Parking Lot 25
Transportation Services has agreed to waive permit requirements only in the areas and times outlined above. Please adhere to all posted parking restrictions in all other areas. Further, parking restriction for utility vehicles (Gators, Jacobsons, GEMS) will be in effect at the TGFS event.
Staff Assembly took last year's shuttle feedback into consideration and wants to ensure all staff has as much accessibility to attend TGFS 2023 as possible. Please review the revised shuttle routes and information below! Shuttles will begin running at 11 a.m. and will run continuously throughout the event. The last shuttle will depart from the Howard Bus Loop at 2:30 p.m. The shuttle that drops you off at the event will be the same route on which you return to your office. Please remember to note the route number you took to arrive at the event.
- Stop 1: Research Park
- Across the street from Parking Lot 80 (IET)
- Stop 2: Drew Circle
- Pick up will be in front of 1480 and 1490 Drew Circle (Research offices)
- Stop 1: Cousteau Place
- Pick up will be on the West side, across the street from the PG&E building (Shared Services)
- Stop 2: Pena Drive
- Pick up will be on the east side, in front of the UC Agriculture and Natural Resources building (ANR, CLT)
- Stop 1: Primate Center
- Outside the gates
- Stop 2: Mailroom
- Pick up will be outside mailroom entrance on Hopkins Road
- Stop 3: Lot #56 Front of Genome Building