The UC Davis Staff Assembly is pleased to sponsor an annual Staff and Staff Dependent Scholarship Program and an annual Citations of Excellence Program.
Once applications open for the Staff and Staff Dependent Scholarship Program and the Citations of Excellence Awards (Individual and Team nomination forms), they will be posted here. Check back or watch for announcements in Staff Voice for updates.
Staff and Staff Dependent Scholarship Program
The UC Davis/UCDHS Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee offers scholarships to UC Davis career staff and their dependents on both the Davis and Sacramento campuses. Funded by the UC Davis and UCDHS Staff Assemblies, we are proud to administer the Kathleen Moore Endowment Scholarship; Latino Staff and Faculty Association Scholarship; UCDH African American Faculty and Staff Association Scholarship; Margene E. Orzalli Endowment Scholarship; UC Davis Retirees' Association Career Enhancement Award; Staff Assembly Scholarships; and the Larry N. Vanderhoef Staff Scholarship.
Through this program, career staff receive funding to continue their education to pursue professional certificates for personal/professional development as well as in Associate, Bachelor, or graduate degree programs at community colleges, state colleges, universities (public or private), and professional schools.
Dependents of career staff at UC Davis, UCDHS, field stations, and labs who are attending or will attend UC Davis as an undergraduate during the academic year (that they apply) are eligible for the Staff Dependent Scholarship award.
The Staff and Staff Dependent Scholarship Program is funded by generous endowments, sales of Staff Pins, and TGFS sponsorships. Annual award amounts vary depending on the number of qualified applicants and the amount of available funds.
Citations of Excellence Program
Staff Assembly's annual Citations of Excellence awards program provides recognition for individual staff and staff teams who have demonstrated outstanding achievements that go above and beyond the requirements outlined in their position descriptions.
- INNOVATION - Nominations should be based on achievements in innovation that result in time/dollar savings, revenue enhancement, productivity improvement, and/or creative activities that benefit the organization’s system, protocols and/or procedures.
- MENTORSHIP - Nominations should be based on outstanding leadership in coaching and mentoring other staff members.
- RESEARCH - Nominations should be based on achievements such as providing a high level of support to active research programs, exemplary support of grant administration, as well as activities which contribute to the well-being and interests of students, faculty, staff, and the campus.
- SERVICE - Nominations should be based on achievements such as fostering engagement and inclusion in the campus community, leadership, and volunteerism.
- SUPERVISION - Nominations should be based on achievements such as creating and maintaining high morale, acknowledging and recognizing each employee’s efforts, encouraging employee career growth and modeling and promoting healthy work/life habits. (Supervision or lead nominations, MUST include two nominators who work under the supervision or lead of the nominee.)
- TEACHING - Nominations should be based on achievements such as providing a high level of service to students, fostering student engagement, providing notable contributions to one’s department, or creative and original engagement in support of the University’s teaching mission.
- STAFF TEAM AWARD- Nominations for team awards should be based on achievements that contribute to the University Mission of Teaching, Research and Service, provides exemplary services to students, staff, faculty and/or general campus, makes notable contributions to the department and/or campus and embodies the Principles of Community. Teams include project or program staff, office staff, or other similar groups, but entire departments or service units may not be nominated.
- STAFF/FACULTY PARTNERSHIP AWARD - Nominations should be based on the achievements of standout faculty/staff partnerships that exemplify the values of collaboration and collegiality. This award seeks to highlight teams who actively develop and encourage faculty/staff partnerships and as a result are able to make notable contributions to UC Davis that contribute to the University's Mission of Teaching, Research, and Service; and who exemplify outstanding achievement and/or service.
Please contact the Staff Assembly office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.