Applications closed on March 15, 2023 at 11:59PM PST.
The UC Davis Staff Scholarship Program was created to provide career staff employees with funding to pursue professional certificates and personal/professional development as well as continue their education in Associate, Bachelor, or graduate degree programs at community colleges, state colleges, universities (public or private); professional schools, while concurrently employed at the University of California, Davis.
- KATHLEEN MOORE ENDOWMENT SCHOLARSHIP - For career advancement and educational enrichment of career staff working under the Vice Chancellor for Finance, Operations and Administration; and earning $63,000 or less annually. More information can be found here.
- LARRY N. VANDERHOEF STAFF SCHOLARSHIP - All career staff completing a degree program or coursework at a professional school are eligible.
- MARGENE E. ORZALLI ENDOWMENT SCHOLARSHIP - All career staff who have financial need, show academic potential and have demonstrated involvement in campus or community service, are eligible.
- UC DAVIS RETIREES' ASSOCIATION CAREER ENHANCEMENT AWARD - This award is intended for career staff wishing to enhance their career at UC Davis by earning an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree at any California community college, state college, university (public or private), or professional school to pursue professional certificates for professional development, while concurrently employed at the University of California Davis.
- UC DAVIS & UC DAVIS HEALTH STAFF ASSEMBLY SCHOLARSHIPS - All career staff employed at the UC Davis and UC Davis Health locations are eligible.
- UC DAVIS LATINX STAFF AND FACULTY ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS (LSFA) - All career staff completing a degree program, coursework at a professional school, or a certificate program; and who uphold the goals of the LSFA and/or are active members are eligible
- UC DAVIS HEALTH LATINX STAFF AND FACULTY ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS (LSFA) - All career staff completing a degree program, coursework at a professional school, or a certificate program; and who uphold the goals of the LSFA and/or are active members are eligible
- UC DAVIS HEALTH AFRICAN AMERICAN FACULTY AND STAFF ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP (AAFSA) - All career staff completing a degree program, coursework at a professional school, or a certificate program; and who uphold the mission of the AAFSA are eligible.
- UC DAVIS HEALTH PRIDE SCHOLARSHIP - For career and personal educational enrichment of career staff who show participation in or advocacy for LGBTQ+ community and work for the betterment of the LGBTQ+ community. Staff should also be an ally of or part of the LGBTQ+ community, and those who showcase the Mission and Vision of the UC Davis Health PRIDE ERG.
- UC Davis Health DiversABILITY Scholarship - For professional or personal educational enrichment of career staff who meet at least one of the following criteria: 1) Participate in DiversABILITY meetings and events (annually), 2) Advocate for the DiversABILITY Employee Resource Group and/or individuals with disabilities in the Greater Sacramento community. Individuals who apply must demonstrate how they hold true and apply the DiversABILITY ERG mission and vision into their work or personal life.
The number of awards to be presented this year is based upon funds available, number of eligible applicants, and is at the discretion of the Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to receive a staff scholarship:
- Be a UC Davis/UCDHS career staff member (past probationary period of employment status) and in good standing (not in process of corrective action).
- Staff member must continue their education while concurrently employed at the University of California, Davis.
- Not have received a scholarship in the previous award cycle.
Deadline and Submission Instructions
- Applications will close on March 22, 2023 at 11:59PM PST.
- Incomplete applications, including transcripts, will not be considered.
- While we prefer that all applications are submitted electronically, you may contact the Staff Assembly Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternate submission methods.
Elements of the Application
- Biographical information (name, employee ID, contact information, etc.)
- Statement of purpose (500 words maximum)
- Campus contributions essay (500 words maximum)
- Community contributions essay (500 words maximum)
- Financial need statement
- Copies of transcripts (official or unofficial) for all post-high school coursework, or high school transcripts if you have not taken any courses after high school. Please submit these within the scholarship application. You may contact the Staff Assembly coordinator to discuss a different submission method.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards by summer of the awarding year.
- Recipients will be invited to an awards ceremony to be held on the Davis campus in September where they will receive an award certificate (monetary award will be mailed following notification of the award).
- Scholarship awards vary depending on the amount of funding available but prior scholarship awards ranged between $200 and $500.
- Please note that your scholarship may be subject to federal and state taxes. To determine if you are required to claim the Scholarship when filing your income taxes please visit IRS Publication 970 - Tax Benefits for Education.