Applications are now open for the Staff Assembly Scholarship Program and the Staff Dependent Scholarship Program.
More information on both programs can be found below, or at the links on the left.
The deadline to apply has been extended to April 28, 2021.
The UC Davis Staff Scholarship Program was created to provide career staff employees with funding to pursue professional certificates and personal/professional development as well as continue their education in Associate, Bachelor, or graduate degree programs at community colleges, state colleges, universities (public or private); professional schools, while concurrently employed at the University of California, Davis.
The Staff Scholarship Program is coordinated by members of the Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee and includes several scholarships we are very proud to administer:
- KATHLEEN MOORE ENDOWMENT SCHOLARSHIP - For career advancement and educational enrichment of career staff working under the Vice Chancellor for Finance, Operations and Administration; and earning $53,000 or less annually. More information can be found here.
- UC DAVIS AND UC DAVIS HEALTH LATINX STAFF AND FACULTY ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS (LSFA) - All career staff completing a degree program, coursework at a professional school, or a certificate program; and who uphold the goals of the LSFA and/or are active members are eligible
- MARGENE E. ORZALLI ENDOWMENT SCHOLARSHIP - All career staff who have financial need, show academic potential and have demonstrated involvement in campus or community service, are eligible.
- UC DAVIS RETIREES' ASSOCIATION CAREER ENHANCEMENT AWARD - Eligibility is restricted to career staff pursuing a degree from a California Community College, California State University and/or the University of California. Preference may be given to armed service veterans.
- UC DAVIS / UCDHS STAFF ASSEMBLY SCHOLARSHIP(S) - All career staff employed at the UC Davis/UCDHS locations completing a degree program or coursework at a professional school are eligible.
- LARRY N. VANDERHOEF STAFF SCHOLARSHIP - All career staff completing a degree program or coursework at a professional school are eligible.
- UC DAVIS HEALTH AFRICAN AMERICAN FACULTY AND STAFF ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP (AAFSA) - All career staff completing a degree program, coursework at a professional school, or a certificate program; and who uphold the mission of the AAFSA are eligible.
- UC DAVIS HEALTH PRIDE SCHOLARSHIP - For career and personal educational enrichment of career staff who show participation in or advocacy for LGBTQ+ community and work for the betterment of the LGBTQ+ community. Staff should also be an ally of or part of the LGBTQ+ community, and those who showcase the Mission and Vision of the UC Davis Health PRIDE ERG.
The number of awards to be presented this year is based upon funds available, number of eligible applicants, and is at the discretion of the Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to receive a staff scholarship:
Be a UC Davis/UCDHS career staff member (past probationary period of employment status) and in good standing (not in process of corrective action).
Staff member must continue their education while concurrently employed at the University of California, Davis.
Not have received a scholarship in the previous award cycle.
Deadline and Submission Instructions
Applications are due by April 28, 2021.
Incomplete applications, including transcripts, will not be considered.
While we prefer that all applications are submitted electronically, you may contact the Staff Assembly Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternate submission methods.
Elements of the Application
Biographical information (name, employee ID, contact information, etc.)
Statement of purpose (500 words maximum)
Campus contributions essay (500 words maximum)
Community contributions essay (500 words maximum)
Financial need statement
Copies of transcripts (official or unofficial) for all post-high school coursework, or high school transcripts if you have not taken any courses after high school. Please submit these within the scholarship application. You may contact the Staff Assembly coordinator to discuss a different submission method.
Scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards by summer of the awarding year.
Recipients will be invited to an awards ceremony to be held on the Davis campus in September where they will receive an award certificate (monetary award will be mailed following notification of the award).
Scholarship awards vary depending on the amount of funding available but prior scholarship awards ranged between $500 and $2,500.
Please note that your scholarship may be subject to federal and state taxes. To determine if you are required to claim the Scholarship when filing your income taxes please visit IRS Publication 970 - Tax Benefits for Education.