Staff Assembly Dip-Off!
Super Bowl is around the corner and what better way to get into the spirit than sharing your favorite dip recipe and earning the title of “Most Super-b Bowl of Dip”! Join us for the first annual Staff Assembly Dip-Off on Monday, January 29, 2018 at the Activities and Recreation Center from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Participants are encouraged to wear their favorite football apparel, as those who come dressed up will be entered in a drawing for a fun prize at the door!
The Staff Assembly Dip-Off is an opportunity for UC Davis staff to gather, socialize, and compete in a friendly competition.
Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
Location: Activities and Recreation Center (ARC), Ballroom A
Time: 11:00 AM – Check-in at facility, arrange your table and dip
11:30 AM – Tasting begins
12:30 PM – Tasting and voting ends. People’s Choice vote is tallied.
12:45 PM – Top 3 winners announced
Prizes: People’s Choice (most votes wins)
- 1st Place: $25 Starbucks Gift Card and $50 Target Gift Card
- 2nd Place: $50 Target Gift Card
- 3rd Place: $25 Arco Gas Gift Card
- Table Presentation Award: $50 Ace Hardware Gift Card
- Door Prize: A very fun gift basket
Rules and Guidelines
1. Every dip must be homemade. If you use someone else’s recipe, please cite the complete source (i.e. SOURCE: Barefoot Contessa Ranch Dip)
2. Choose your style. You can choose to make a hot or a chilled dip, but please let us know if you will need access to a power outlet for either display or serving purposes. You will need enough dip for 96 Dipsters (dip tasters) for the competition (we will leave it up to you to determine how much dip you’ll need to make for 96 tastes). Your dip should remain covered until tasting begins. Staff Assembly will provide tortilla chips for dipping, but please feel free to bring whatever you feel would best complement your dip.
3. Present. Please remember that table presentation counts! Bring your dip to the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC), Ballroom A starting at 11:00 a.m. but no later than 11:30 a.m. Check-ins after 11:30 a.m. will be disqualified from the Dip-off.
4. Register your dip and ingredients. Space is limited to 48 individual Dip Masters (no teams or staff/department groups). Register online here. Provide your name, department, email and phone number and the name of your dip and a complete list of your ingredients to display (for those with food allergies or intolerances). Only the name of the dip and the ingredients will be posted next to your display, but you are welcome to stand next to your display, as the Dip-off is a social event! Please register no later than Friday, January 19, 2018 at Midnight. Failure to register will disqualify you from the dip-off.
5. Tasters. Space is limited to 50 tasters. Register online here to be a Dipster (dip taster). Please note, it is expected that you try ALL of the different dips. Registered Dip Masters are not eligible to vote, but are encouraged to taste after voting has ended.