The holidays are upon us and what better way to get in the spirit of the season than by sharing your favorite cookie recipe and earning the title of “Best Cookie Baker on Campus”? Join us for the Staff Assembly Cookie Bake-Off in December at the Student Community Center from 11:30AM – 1:00PM.
The Staff Assembly Cookie Bake-Off is an opportunity for UC Davis staff to gather, socialize, and compete in a friendly competition. Details of the cookie bake-off are as follows:
Date: 2018 date TBA
11:00 AM – Check-in at facility, arrange your table and bite size cookie pieces
11:30 AM – Tasting begins
12:30 PM – Tasting and voting ends. People’s Choice vote is tallied.
12:45 PM – Top 3 winners announced
People’s Choice (Most votes wins)
If you would like to donate prizes for the second annual Dip-Off, please contact email@example.com.
Registration will open for Dip Masters and Dipsters (dip tasters) in December.
Rules and Guidelines
1. All cookies must be homemade. If using someone else’s recipe, please cite the complete source (i.e. SOURCE: Nestle’s Peanut butter cookies)
2. Choose your style. You can choose to bake any style/kind of cookie, as long as it is baked. *Please note that a cookie is a standalone piece that is baked and is not cut from a larger cooked product.
3. Bake. You will need approximately 96 pieces (divide your cookies however you see fit by size) for the competition. These should be covered with clear wrap until tasting. Please remember that table presentation counts! Bring all your baked goods to the Student Community Center, Multipurpose Room starting at 11:00 AM but no later than 11:30 AM. Check-ins after 11:30 AM will be disqualified from the bake-off.
4. Register Your Cookies and Ingredients. Space is limited to 48 individual bakers (no teams). Register online (coming soon). You will need to provide your name, department, email and phone number. We will also need the name of your cookie and a complete list of your ingredients to display (for those with food allergies or intolerances). Only the name of the cookie and the ingredients will be posted next to your display, but you are welcome to stand next to your display, as this is intended to be a social event! Failure to register will disqualify you from the bake-off.
5. Tasters. Space is limited to 50 tasters. Register online (coming soon). Please note, it is expected that you try ALL of the cookies. Registered bakers are not eligible to vote, but are encouraged to taste!