The Great Staff Assembly Bake-Off
The holidays are upon us and what better way to get in the spirit of the season than by sharing your favorite baked goods recipe and earning the title of “Best Baker on Campus”? Join us for the The Great Staff Assembly Bake-Off on December 3rd at the Student Community Center from 11:30AM – 1:00PM.
The Staff Assembly Bake-Off is an opportunity for UC Davis staff to gather, socialize, and compete in a friendly competition. Details of the bake-off are as follows:
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Location: Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
11:00 AM – Check-in at facility, arrange your table and bite size baked goods (tasters only)
11:30 AM – Tasting begins
12:30 PM – Tasting and voting ends. People’s Choice vote is tallied.
12:45 PM – Top 3 winners announced
People’s Choice (Most votes wins, Top 3 Bakers)
Best Table Presentation (Most votes wins)
If you would like to donate prizes for the fourth annual Bake-Off, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration closes on Tuesday, November, 26th at 5:00pm.
Rules and Guidelines
1. All baked goods must be a homemade dough or batter that has been baked.
2. Choose your style. You can choose to bake any style/kind of dessert, as long as it is baked. *Bakes including custard or meat fillings will not be permitted, due to food safety concerns.
3. Bake. You will need approximately 96 pieces (divide your baked goods however you see fit by size) for the competition. These should be covered with clear wrap until tasting. Please remember that table presentation counts! Bring all your baked goods to the Student Community Center, Multipurpose Room starting at 11:00 AM but no later than 11:30 AM. Check-ins after 11:30 AM will be disqualified from the bake-off.
4. Register Your Entry and Ingredients. Space is limited to 48 individual bakers (no teams). Register online here. You will need to provide your name, department, email and phone number. We will also need the name of your baked item and a complete list of your ingredients to display (for those with food allergies or intolerances). Only the name of the item and the ingredients will be posted next to your display, but you are welcome to stand next to your display, as this is intended to be a social event! Entries that are not registered will not be accepted.
5. Tasters. Space is limited to 50 tasters. Register online here. Please note, it is expected that you try ALL of the items to compare. Tasters do not need to be present for the entire duration of the event- just long enough to taste! Registered bakers are not eligible to vote, but are encouraged to taste!