Here are a few recipes from dip masters who were willing to share their recipes for you to make at your upcoming Super Bowl party, or any other dip-worthy occasion!
Mary Carrillo's Chile Relleno Dip- 1st Place!
Chile Relleno Dip Recipe
- 4 ounces pork chorizo
- 8 ounces cream cheese ,softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 ounce can diced roasted green chiles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chorizo from the casings and add to the hot pan (without any oil), cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until bubbling and completely separated, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and taco seasoning until combined and smooth; spread in an even layer inside the skillet, followed by the salsa verde and cooked chorizo.
Sprinkle with the cheese. Scatter the chiles over the top.
Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve right away with tortilla chips!
Delisha Gordon-Brown's Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip w/Jalapenos- 2nd Place!
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 10oz pkg spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 14oz can marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
- Little bit of salt and pepper
- Little bit of garlic powder
- Little bit of onion powder
Add all ingredients in a crockpot until melted. Serve with break or chips.