2017 Citations of Excellence - Team Nomination
UC Davis Staff Assembly recognizes staff teams that have distinguished themselves in the following area:
CAMPUS COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS & SERVICE
Any three campus staff, faculty, or administrative employees with knowledge of the team’s outstanding achievement can submit nominations. Teams include project or program staff, office staff, or other similar groups, but entire departments or service units may not be nominated.
Deadline and Submission Instructions
• Completed nomination forms must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, March 27.
- To submit use the link - 2017 Citation of Excellence - Team Nomination form (will be available January 2017)
• While we prefer that all nominations are submitted electronically, you may contact Staff Assembly Coordinator, Karen Kinser, at 530-752-0988 or email@example.com, to discuss alternate submission methods.
• Award recipients will be announced in April or May and honored at a special ceremony to beheld in June.
• UC Davis staff awarded Citations of Excellence, as well as honorable mention recipients, will receive cash prizes, which ranged from $300 to $1000 in 2017.
Completing the Nomination Form
It is important to consider true excellence when nominating teams for this prestigious award. We want to recognize teams that include staff who go beyond the expectations of their position descriptions in contributing to the University’s Mission of Teaching, Research, and Service; and who exemplify outstanding achievement and/or service. Familiarize yourself with the basic expectations of the team members in order to better highlight how they go above and beyond the minimum requirements of their positions. Please note that your submission will be shared with the nominees after selection of the award recipients. Further, the award committee reserves the right to not issue awards in all categories.
Qualities Deserving Recognition
When submitting nominations, please provide examples showcasing how the team:
• Provides exemplary service to students, staff and/or the broader campus
• Makes notable contributions to the department
• Creates and maintains high morale
• Encourages employee development
• Supports the campus community
• Maintains a positive attitude
• Nominees must be a UC Davis career staff member (past probationary period of employment status) and in good standing (not in process of corrective action), and meet the criteria outlined above.
• Nominees must go above and beyond the minimum requirements outlined in their position descriptions. Cite specific example(s) of their outstanding contribution(s).
• Please limit your narrative to 500 words.
• You must submit all requested information for the nomination to be considered.
• Nominating and soliciting signatures for oneself is strictly forbidden.