2017 Citations of Excellence - Individual Nomination
UC Davis Staff Assembly recognizes staff who have distinguished themselves in one of five areas of outstanding achievement:
Nominations for the first four areas of achievement can be submitted by three campus employees with knowledge of a staff member’s outstanding achievement. For supervisor nominations, the application MUST be submitted by three campus employees, two of whom work under the supervision of the nominee.
Deadline and Submission Instructions
• Completed nomination forms must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, March 27.
- To submit use the link - 2017 Citation for Excellence - Individual Nomination form (will be available January 2017)
• While we prefer that all nominations are submitted electronically, you may contact Staff Assembly Coordinator, Karen Kinser, at 530-752-0988 or email@example.com, to discuss alternate submission methods.
• Award recipients will be announced in late April or May and honored at a special ceremony, will beheld in June.
• UC Davis staff awarded Citations of Excellence, as well as honorable mention recipients, will receive cash prizes, which ranged from $300 to $1000 in 2016.
Completing the Nomination Form
It is important to consider true excellence when nominating individuals for this prestigious award. We want to recognize staff who go above and beyond the expectations of their position descriptions, who contribute to the University’s Mission of Teaching, Research, and Service; and who exemplify outstanding achievement, supervisory skills, and/or service. Familiarize yourself with the basic expectations of the individual in order to better highlight how they go above and beyond the minimum requirements of their position. Please note that your submission will be shared with the nominees after selection of the award recipients. Further, the award committee reserves the right to not issue awards in all categories.
Qualities Deserving Recognition
When submitting nominations, please provide examples showcasing how the individual:
• Provides exemplary service to students, staff and/or general campus
• Makes notable contributions to the department
• Creates and maintains high morale
• Encourages employee development
• Supports the campus community
• Maintains a positive attitude
• Nominee must be a UC Davis career staff member (past probationary period of employment status) and in good standing (not in process of corrective action), and meet the criteria outlined above.
• Nominee must go above and beyond the minimum requirements outlined in their position description. Cite specific example(s) of their outstanding contribution(s).
• Please limit your narrative to 500 words.
• You must submit all requested information for the nomination to be considered.
• Nominating and soliciting signatures for oneself is strictly forbidden.